1 1/2- 2 pounds ground beef
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 15oz. cans tomato sauce
Cooked rice (cook enough for 4 servings)
(I don't use minute rice. I use the rice that cooks a little longer...it tastes better!)
Shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef, cook the onions with it in a large frying pan or cast iron pan. Add the green pepper when the beef is almost done. ( l like my peppers a little crunchy) Continue cooking until beef is done and onions are tender.
- Drain the beef mixture if needed
- Return to pan and add salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce. Stir until combined over med-low heat.
- Add the cooked rice and stir well. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- When done, top with the shredded cheese. You can add cheese to the mixture if you like it really cheesy!