Friday, March 14, 2008

Organizing Tips

Ok.. So..I don't know what I am doing.. I just thought I'd start a blog and post my organizing tip. Lysa is doing this over at her blog and I wanted to try to play along. You can visit her blog here www.lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com

I have tried to include pictures, but I cannot get them to fit. They are really big. If anyone can help that would be great!

I don't have much time, as you can tell. I will have to come back when I have time and energy to put into this and jazz it up some.

I am not a writer and I am not very creative.. that is why I really do not have a blog title. Maybe some of you guys can offer suggestions!?!? I was thinking of . In the Kitchen.. I don't know.. I love to cook and I seem to stay in that particular room of the house.

Anyway.. my tip is:

Cooking Magazines taking up space in your living areas??

This is what I do.. Get several 3 ring binders and some clear sheet protectors. Most of the cooking magazines (Taste of Home, Quick Cooking, Paula Deen) have a recipe index in the back. Fold your magazine to that page. Insert the sheet protectors in the binders and then slide the magazine into the sheet protector. WhaLa! Now you won't have to search the entire magazine to find a recipe.. just look through the index. I also label the outside of the binder with the title of the magazine and the issue dates. I usually can get one -two years worth in one binder.

As for where I hide things when company comes... I have a closet under our stairs. I keep empty laundry baskets in there. When someone is coming over, we get out a basket and collect all the STUFF and then hide it in the closet.

Sweet blessings to you all!

Alyce

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You'll do great at blogging just remember to have fun with it!

Jen

Becky said...

Ohhhh congrats on your blog! I love your ambition! You will do perfect at it! I love your organization tip too!! Thanks for sharing!--beck

B. said...

Love that organizing tip! Thank you! Welocme to the blog world. Liek that potential title too.... in the kitchen.... just find something that you like and go with it!

Shari Braendel said...

Happy Easter, Alyce! I hope you and your family had a wonderful day. I'll be calling you this week to get you fashion ready...so be expecting a call from me! love ya, Shari