Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Peach Cobbler

I had wanted to post this before we entered the Fall season, but it just didn't happen. I used fresh peaches,but it will be OK to use frozen or canned. This recipe is also good as a blueberry or an apple cobbler too! Make sure you have some vanilla ice cream on hand!! Enjoy :-)

Filling
1 stick butter (1/2 stick may be enough too!)
1 tsp. lemon juice
3 cups or so of fresh, sliced peaches
1 Cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Topping
1 Cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in an 8x8 square baking dish.

For filling: In a mixing bowl, combine peaches and lemon juice. Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix well. Add the mixture to the baking dish, but do not stir.


For Topping: Combine all topping ingredients. Pour over peaches and bake about 45 minutes or until brown.









5 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

LOOKS VERY YUMMY!

Shannon said...

Apple cobbler sounds delicious! It looks yummy!

Jeni said...

Just the word "cobbler" make your mouth water! mmmm

Susie Buetow said...

I just made peach cobbler last week. Shame on me for not making it during peach season. I was cleaning out the freezer and found 2 qt bags of peaches from last year!!! Oh my gosh they were so yummy! I didn't freeze any this year. Your recipe looks yummy. One time I used sugar cookie dough on the top. Very yummy!