Monday, August 9, 2010

Gluten Free Macaroni Salad

It has been 6 months since I have blogged. I must admit that I really have not missed it. Next week, we will start a new adventure in my home....I will begin homeschooling my daughters! This will be quite an adjustment. I hope to blog more this next year..about homeschooling and adding more gluten free recipes.

For this macaroni salad, I used Tinkyada brand Brown Rice Penne Pasta. This pasta does not get mushy, like some gluten free pastas can. I only measure the dressing ingredients. For the rest, just throw in however much you like.



Gluten Free Macaroni Salad

1 16 oz bag Tinkyada Brown Rice Penne Pasta, cooked according to package..rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly

Chopped green pepper, red pepper, celery

6 slices crispy, crumbled bacon

Frozen peas

diced cheddar cheese

For the Dressing

3/4 cup mayo..I use Hellman's because it says "Gluten free" on the bottle

1 T mustard

a little salt and pepper to taste

1 T apple cider vinegar

1/3 cup sugar

Mix all the dressing ingredients well

Combine it all in a big bowl (makes a lot), chill and enjoy!






2 comments:

Jeni said...

Looks so good...I'm so glad to see you back on, I'd love to see more G/free recipes just to try them! you're going to do great h/schooling!!

Tam said...

YUMMY! This looks like a great recipe!

HOMESCHOOLING! YOU GO GIRL! I will LOVE to hear about this journey.


Homeschooling here is a BIG DEAL HERE!

Take care!