Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pasta Salad

This is a family favorite recipe! I received it from my husband's aunt, I think everyone in the family has the recipe and I'm happy to share it with you!

Pasta Salad
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 oz. grated cheese
1/4 cup onion (optional, I never use it)
8 oz box sea-shells macaroni or twistie shells, cooked & drained
broccoli
cauliflower
cucumbers
tomatoes
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup ranch dressing (add more if you like, I always do)
There are no measurements for the veggies..just chop and use however much you'd like. Combine the pasta, veggies, bacon and cheese. Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix well. You can add more cheese if you like too, I normally do.
Enjoy...this is great on a hot summer day!!
Blessings~
Alyce

5 comments:

Becky Avella said...

This sounds yummy. I'm always looking for summer recipes to take to picnics and BBQs.

To get my signature, I went to mylivesignature.com and created a signature. They give you the code for it. Then on your blog, go to "Settings" and then "Formatting" and then scroll down to "Post Template." Copy and paste the code they give you in there and your signature will be waiting for you everytime you start a new post. Let me know if that doesn't work. (or doesn't make sense)

: ) Becky

Kelly said...

Hi Alyce! Just checking in to say hi! And watch the weather! More bad storms in VA tonight.

I'm doing a co-op, so I'll be using some recipes from you for my group. Thanks for posting.

Do you have a schedule when you post, or just when the spirit hits you? I check from time to time and don't want to miss anything.

I also can relate to your comments on your daughter taht you left on my blog. I have an 8 yr old, in addition to my 4 yr old, so we are in the same boat.

Blessings to you!

Alyce said...

Kelly...
Ha..no, no schedule on posting.. I am not that good at blogging!!
I did make something last night for supper that I thought was good, but I'm waiting to hear my husbands comments on it (he was not here).
What are you making for co-op??
Alyce

Kelly said...

This week was "Cinco de Mayo" (May 5 - Mexican holiday), and Monday is my cooking day, so I made a mexican themed dinner. King Ranch Chicken (which is tortillas, chicken, rotel tomatos & cream of chick & mush soups), I made a black eyed pea salsa that every single person asked for the recipe for (everyone loves this, so it is my signature pot-luck dish), and finally I had peach slices, cause we all have kids and we try to include something very kid friendly in every meal, while not making it kid focused. (i.e. no chicken nuggets, fish sticks, etc!)

I think that is the longest run on sentence I've ever written. ;-)

Okay, keep me "posted" (pun intended) on when you next post!

Kelly said...

p.s. Remind me if you are going to the Proverbs 31 She speaks conference. I think you picked me up from Lysa's blog, right?