Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A First For Everything

There's a first for everything, right?? At least that's what "they" say.  Common emotions that go along with "firsts" are nervousness, joy, excitement, and fear.  We usually don't want to admit when we are afraid, but it's really OK and it really is normal.
Friday I will be leaving to attend my first Homeschool conference. All those emotions I listed..well..I'm experiencing them. I will be meeting online friends for the first time. This is exciting. This makes me nervous. I will be learning new things during the sessions and that brings me joy. Of course there is fear of the unknown. Yes..I've read hints and tips and what to expect at the conference. Which, by the way, is the Titus 2:1 Conference. But there is still the tiny bit of fear lurking at doing something for the first time. And. It. Is. OK. I know I'm going to be blessed. All those other emotions far exceed little ole fear. I'm thankful for that. I've been praying for and about this conference for a few weeks now. I'm blessed to have a praying husband too. He's prayed for me and the entire weekend as well. It is all in God's hands and I'm looking forward to what He has in store for me and all the other mamas there.


1 comment:

The Momma said...

I think you must be reading my mind! I know that I will have a wonderful time, but I am still nervous/excited. See you in less than 2 days.
~Belinda